Friday 11 October 2013

Why not Try to DIY?

Today was a pretty (read: very) lazy day spent watching Rope whilst sitting in front of the fire wearing a huge jumper. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself a day where you do as little as possible. Anyway, I actually spent most of my time procrastinating finishing up existing projects,  thinking about starting new ones and actually doing neither. I think Pinterest has a lot to answer for. So, in the true spirit of procrastination, here are a few projects I've been thinking about doing, but haven't actually done yet.

Picture via Lazy Oaf
 Pompom Shirt - This shirt from Lazy Oaf is just so fun! This picture has made me start thinking about several pompom DIYs (a jumper? a necklace? a scarf?), but making pompoms takes a lot of patience, so I'll probably save this for a TV marathon project.


Picture via Tatty Devine
Constellation Brooches - I love these brooches from Tatty Devine - heck, I love everything from Tatty Devine! I've seen a lot of constellation prints about recently, but this takes it to another level. Could I make my own version using shrinking plastic? Not sure, but I'm definitely going to try something. 
 
Picture via Vogue
Flower Heels - Aren't these Dolce and Gabbana shoes adorable?! These are so intricate that I don't think I'd be able to make anything quite this complicated. I am thinking about finding a pair of block heeled nude shoes though, which I could then glue flowers around the heel.
 
 
Any projects you're thinking of doing but haven't got round to doing yet? Have you tried anything similar to these?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment