Saturday 5 October 2013

How to: Book Page Collar Necklace

As a bit of a collar addict, I have collars in numerous forms hanging about - necklaces, tops and detachable collars. When I see anything collar related, I snap it up in a heartbeat. As a result, I could probably open my own peter pan collar emporium (it's a problem I'm working on). For those of you who have the same problem (we should have an intervention someday, guys), here's a tutorial on how to update an already existing collar necklace.

You Will Need:



  • A collar necklace (mine was from a sale at Primark - double whammy!)
  • Old book pages
  • PVA Glue
  • Paintbrush

Tear up your pages into strips, and cover in PVA glue, and wrap around your necklace. Continue until the whole necklace is covered up. When the glue has dried, give your necklace a final coat of PVA glue to protect the pages, and when it has dried, you're ready to wear your new necklace!



I think this would look great with old music sheets, or even vintage comic books - experiment with whatever you have to hand.


Has anybody else pimped their peter pan collars? Any other ideas on how to customise a collar necklace?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun project! I love how it's turned out - would look great on a pale pink dress or white shirt :)
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilla! Let me know how it goes if you try it!

      Delete