Friday 18 October 2013

How to: Make Halloween Insect Earrings

Halloween. It seems EVERYBODY'S talking about it at the moment, and although I love a holiday, I have to admit Halloween is probably my least favourite. At the moment, I'm actually more excited because all the Christmas stuff is starting to appear in the shops (squeeeeee!). I'm going to try and stop being so 'bah-humbug' (can I use that phrase for Halloween?) about the whole thing and try to embrace it. So, how about some DIY Halloween Fly Earrings?


You Will Need:
  • Some joke plastic flies
  • Pliers
  • 2 Jump screws
  • 2 Jump Rings
  • 2 Earring Fastenings



First, using the pliers, screw the jump screw into the top of your plastic fly's head (ouch!). Mine was made from quite a soft plastic, so I didn't need to use a drill.



Using a jump ring and pliers, attach your fly to your earring fastening.


Repeat for the second earring, and you're done! How easy was that?

I also found a packet of joke spiders in the same shop, so using the same technique I attached them to a chain to make a bracelet.


I'm actually a little scared of spiders, so I guess I might skip wearing this too often!

Are you ready for Halloween yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment