Thursday 31 October 2013

DIY Button Bonanza!

Like any craft maniac, I have a huuuuge tin of buttons. All kinds of buttons, I'm not fussy in my button hoarding. So, I'm always looking for new ways in which I can use my buttons. Here are a few quick ideas for upcycling your buttons -  just because some buttons are too fabulous to remain as buttons!


1. Button Rings




Pretty buttons + glue + ring finding = A cocktail ring with a difference. You can choose a button which is obviously a button, or more discreet buttons for a different effect.

2. Button Brooch





If you have any super sized buttons, they look amazing as brooches. Simply glue a brooch back to the reverse of your button. You'd be surprised how many ways you can wear this - jumpers, coats, dresses - even on a scarf!

3. Button Earrings


 
 
If you've got a pair of identical earrings, it's a great opportunity to make a pair of button earrings! Just glue some earring posts onto the reverse side of your buttons. Novelty earrings are great for this - these ones combine two of my favourite things - bears and cardigans!
 
4. Button Hair Clips
 
 
Accessorize have absolutely adorable hair clips throughout the year, but you can make your own just as easily by gluing interesting buttons onto the end of bobby pins. Look out for vintage glass buttons to do this with - they look so elegant and are perfect for wedding hair.
 
Any other ideas on how to upcycle buttons? I'd love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment