Wednesday 22 January 2014

Mid Week Treat: No7 Lipstick for £2!

No7 Poppy King Lipstick Review

Lipsticks are becoming my new obsession. I usually focus on my eyes when doing my makeup in a morning, but more recently I felt like trying something a bit different. I'm enjoying my new love for all things lip, and whilst I hardly needed a new lipstick, I couldn't resist picking this one up for a mere £2.

No7 Poppy King Lipstick Review

This is from the Poppy King collaboration with No7, and most of the range is now in the sale at Boots, for completely unbelievable prices. With this lipstick being No7, it was a bit of a no-brainer for me, with the brand being renowned for their high quality makeup.

No7 Poppy King Lipstick Review

The shade I chose was Number Two "Power", and it is a lovely berry shade which I think would be very complementary for pale skin tones, but would also look great with a tan. I honestly expected the colour to be a bit more intense when I put it on, but it has the best texture of any lipstick I've ever tried. Seriously. It glides on, has a smooth, even coverage and feels lovely and moisturising. The best part though is that all day, I forgot that I was even wearing lipstick. Which is a novelty, because almost all the lipsticks I've previously owned make me feel like I'm wearing a clown's greasepaint. This wasn't sticky, overly thick and didn't transfer onto teeth/clothes/food/cups. The lovely berry colour stayed put all day, and didn't even need a top up after an emergency cup of tea.

No7 Poppy King Lipstick Review

I can see this lipstick becoming my firm favourite and having a permanent residence in my handbag.

What are your favourite products to use on your lips?

No comments:

Post a Comment