Tuesday, 26 November 2013

How to: Hardware Pendant Necklace

Sometimes a plain outfit can just need a simple yet statement necklace to toughen up the whole look. Jewellery made from bits and pieces from the hardware store has become a blogger essential, and goes with pretty much everything. This is my take on the look, made from interesting tools and ephemera from second hand shops.


When I came across this rather interesting piece, I knew it was destined to be hung from a necklace and finish off my outfits. It's actually an old lighter - I'm a little disappointed because I originally thought it was a whistle or a mini-telescope.


Keep an eye out for any interesting old metal objects and hang them from a long chain. You'll have a one-of-a-kind hardware necklace. You could even go the extra mile by customising your metal objects by painting a small section of them in a bright colour.

Have you ever made jewellery from any strange finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment