Friday 6 September 2013

Vintage Postcards and Pictures

Over the past few years, I seem to have gathered quite a bit of paraphernalia that seems to be hanging around my room, looking pretty but being generally useless.
 

This is just a small selection of a few of my favourite cards, pictures and clippings that need displaying somehow, I'm just not quite sure on the way to do it.
This cigarette card was inside some vintage movie annuals from an auction
I won these smile tickets at an amusement arcade years ago, but the only thing I could
exchange them for was a small packet of love hearts! I decided to keep them instead.

This postcard came inside a second-hand book - someone had been using it as a bookmark!
A graveyard's a bit of a grim subject for a postcard though, no?

I added a new postcard to my stash today - it was £1 from a local car boot sale.

 
I certainly don't need anymore pretty pieces of paper, but I was particularly taken with this one. I used the excuse that the blue sky would match the colour scheme in my room, but really I was won over by the oriental style parasol.



 
 I decided that this one was just too good to let it sit in a drawer, so I decided to put in a frame that I had bought ages ago, without being able to find something of the right size to put in it.

 


I was rather pleased with the way that this worked out, and have decided that I should do the same with all my other vintage postcards and pictures. Although I am toying with the idea of making a notebook out of vintage postcards. Or maybe bookmarks, I do love a good bookmark! Hmmm... decisions, decisions...


Anything else I could do with these cards? Have you got any supplies hanging around that you don't know what to do with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment