Saturday 17 May 2014

5 Ways to Craft With Flowers

5 Ways to Craft With Flowers

Now that all the blooms are in full swing, I've only just realised how much I've missed flowers and plants during the winter. This year, daisies are threatening to take over our lawn, which is actually fine by me, as I absolutely love daisies. They look so fresh, and remind me of my school days spent making daisy chains. I am a daisy chain ninja. I'm planning on pressing some daisies to use in an upcoming project, before they get chopped away by the lawn mower.

If you're a fan of all things floral, why not get creative with your blooms? I've gathered together five tutorials using real flowers, which I am desperate to try out.



1. Dried Flower Wall Art - This is a really sweet and simple project that will add a touch of whimsy to any bare wall, no matter how big or small. The end result is also temporary, so is a great way to decorate whilst living in rented accommodation/student digs. It's so pretty though, that you'll want to keep it up for as long as possible.

2. Rose Chandelier - A bouquet of flowers in a vase is such a chic, timeless way to decorate, but for event where you want to pull out all the stops, why not try placing your flowers in unusual places? This flower chandelier is an instant eye catching piece for any event, and would look particularly amazing at a wedding reception.

3. Floral Crown - Floral crowns have been everywhere the past couple of summers, and the best ones I've seen have to be where real flowers have been used. I prefer a more subtle crown, so I love the daisies used in this tutorial. It's for kids, but let's be honest, that's not going to stop me from trying it out.

4. Rose Petal Cupcakes - I have never eaten flowers, mostly because I am a coward. But they look so pretty when used to decorate cakes - remember that floral wedding cake on Great British Bake Off last year? If there's cake involved, it will only be a matter of time before I try them. If you're more adventurous than me, then check out this guide for eating flowers safely.

5. Pressed Flower Phone Case - This is one of the more technical tutorials out there, but is also one of the most stunning. It requires using resin to freeze pressed flowers into place, and the end result is jaw droppingly gorgeous. If anything is going to persuade me to try out resin, then this tutorial will be it.

5 Ways to Craft With Flowers

Keep your eyes peeled for my own floral project coming soon! Do you have any ways you like to craft with flowers?

No comments:

Post a Comment