Wednesday 4 September 2013

Mid Week Treat: the £1 Lip Liner

I have to admit that normally, I'm addicted to my winged eyeliner. It's my go to look in the morning - I can do it in a couple of minutes and it lasts the rest of the day without any touch ups (hooray for gel eyeliner!). But recently I've been tempted by the dark side - lipstick. My main problem has been that lipstick is so high maintenance - put it on and I'm constantly worrying about it ending up on my teeth or all over my face. And it barely survives all the Costa stops I make throughout the day (trust me, a LOT of Costa stops).

I've tried a couple of lip stains but find that they dry out my lips too much, so I decided to experiment with just using a lip liner all over my lips. When I found this one for £1 in Wilko's, I thought I might as well give it a try.




Although there isn't a great range in colours (I chose shade 01 Red), I was rather pleasantly surprised. The formula is nice and creamy and doesn't dry out my lips, but still gives an even coverage that lasts through more than one cup of earl grey. It doesn't travel to my teeth either.





I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have to have a touch up about midday, but it certainly lasts longer than lipstick alone.





For extra POW I like to wear 17's Mirror Shine in Love Note over the top. It's a really flattering shade that falls just between crimson and coral.


Have you mixed up your make-up routine recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment