Thursday 22 August 2013

Vintage Birthday Cards

On my adventures today, I stumbled upon a box filled with vintage birthday cards. I could have bought several of them, but I have to admit - I would have absolutely no idea what to do with them. So I managed to walk away with just one (it was hard to resist the temptation to buy the lot). It has to be in contention for the most useless thing I've bought, along with 'fur effect' nail varnish (as strange as it sounds, trust me). But I couldn't leave this one there - it's such a beauty.

I'm not quite sure exactly how old this card is, but it seems to be in pretty good condition. It has two wheels you can turn, to mix and match the animal on the front of the card.




Being very immature, it pleases me a lot, although I am absolutely stumped on what to use it for. A fancy bookmark? Notebook cover? Postcard? At the moment, it is sitting on my bedside table, like I am pretending it is my birthday (it does look like I am a friendless hermit though!).

A nifty gif showing some of the animals I made


Any ideas on what I could use this vintage birthday card for? What is the most pointless thing you have ever bought?



No comments:

Post a Comment