Thursday 6 February 2014

Vintage Clothes Haul

One thing that is good about where I live, is that there are not many people into vintage clothes. Sure, if I wear too many of my vintage items at once when popping down town, I stick out like a sore thumb. But what it does mean, is that I can sometimes find some vintage gems for a bargain. If I lived in a vintage hot-zone, I could almost guarantee that I would be paying more than double what I normally do.

One reason for this, is that I never buy clothes from "Vintage Stores". We only have one locally, and that only opens on Saturday (rather telling of the local style, no?). Whenever I do go in, I always find myself thinking "This is the exact same stuff I find in second hand shops, but far more expensive!" Putting in the (wo)man hours to trawl the local second hand shops is worth it, even if I do only find one amazing piece every so often. Today, the planets aligned and the Vintage Gods smiled down on me, as I found a couple of lovely pieces.

70s midi mushroom patterned dress

70s midi mushroom patterned dress

70s midi mushroom patterned dress

I love the Japanese vibe of this 70's midi dress. It's the kind of thing that I could imagine Florence Welch wearing on stage, no? It's made of 100% knitted polyester, so probably not actually. Not unless she felt like self-combusting from the heat. So, I probably won't be wearing it in the heat of summer. I think it actually has a more autumnal feel anyway, with the mushroom pattern on it. Oh, and it has pockets. That was what was actually the deal-maker. I love pockets. It cost me £2.99, a lot of dress for my money. I can see me wearing this with black Chelsea boots, long layered necklaces and with my hair down. And if I could carry it off (probably not), a black, wide brimmed, felt fedora.

Vintage Pastel Pink Cocoon Coat

Vintage Pastel Pink Cocoon Coat

Vintage Pastel Pink Cocoon Coat

I've been dreaming of pastel pink coats for a while now. This just proves that sometimes, it's worth holding out for that perfect item, at the perfect price. This one was a snip at £4.99. I love the pastel colour, the oversized cocoon shape, and the toggles (who doesn't?). Even though it's been raining pretty much every day for the last month, and this coat doesn't have a hood, I might have to wear it anyway. It's such a happy colour. Oh, and it has several pockets. Have I mentioned how much I love pockets?

Where are your favourite places to shop? Do you like vintage, or are you more of a modern dresser?

No comments:

Post a Comment