Friday 16 August 2013

How To Make Collar Clips

Hi, today I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to make your own collar clips.



I've been seeing quite a lot of these about lately, and have particularly been lusting after this horse pair from Topshop. The cheapskate crafter inside of me really wanted to try and make some of my own, and when I discovered some mirror corners from Wilko's (£1.19 for four - such a bargain!) I knew exactly what I was going to use them for.

You Will Need:


  • Some mirror corners (try the local hardware or tool shop)
  • Some brooch backings - mine are from a local jewellery shop, but eBay also has a wide selection
  • A pair of pliers
  • Some glue (I'm using a glue gun, but you could try other adhesives)



Step 1:

Using pliers, fold the screw hole panels in towards the back of the mirror corners. This can be quite fiddly, so take your time.


Step 2:

Glue the brooch back in between the folded panels, making sure you can fasten and unfasten it easily.

Step 3:


When the glue is dry, attach to your blouse or shirt of choice.

And you're done! This is quite a simple pair, but it would be easy enough to glue something on to the front of each clip; buttons, crystals, charms... I think an old pair of earrings would be a good size to take the studs off and put onto these. Me? I'm going to desperately search for a pair of small horses to put onto mine. Any ideas what else could be used to decorate these? I'd love to see any photos if anyone tries this.

No comments:

Post a Comment