Thursday 24 October 2013

How to: Origami Crane Earrings

Origami jewellery has been something I've been meaning to try for a while, and finally thought I'd try it today. I settled on making some crane earrings - these are made of paper, and probably won't last forever, but they were super easy to make, and if they do break, it's just an excuse to make some new ones!



You Will Need:
  • Paper of your choice
  • Clear Nail Varnish
  • 2 Jump Rings
  • 2 Dangly Earring Posts
  • Pliers

First up, make your origami cranes. I could post a tutorial here, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert, so I'll let you use a tutorial of your choice. I particularly like this origami crane tutorial. The squares of paper I used were 7cm square, but you might want to practise on a larger scale first.



Give your cranes a coating of clear nail varnish. This will help to protect them a little.


 
Pierce a hole in the body of your crane, and using a jump ring, attach your earring post to your crane.



You're finished! You don't have to stick to just cranes either, I'm thinking mini dodecahedrons would be AMAZE (if infuriatingly fiddly). Let me know if you try anything similar!

No comments:

Post a Comment