Saturday 8 February 2014

Bonjour Beanie Hat

This is a project that involves two things I've been experimenting with recently; crocheted chunky wool and embroidery. After knitting this hat with my own chunky wool, I decided that it needed a little something extra. And so, I embroidered "BONJOUR" onto the front, using grey wool and chain stitch. I'm definitely no embroidery expert, but even I could cope with chain stitch.


I added a pom-pom in the same colour as well, to make the hat a little more coordinated. And because I'm obsessed with pom-poms. I've even considered making a pom-pom scarf (or garland), I'm that obsessed.


My chunky wool knitted up better than I expected; I thought that the crocheted chain would leave an odd texture on  the finished garment, but it actually turned out fine. It was strange knitting with knitting needles that were so large - I felt like I had shrunk! I normally knit with Aran wool at the very thickest, so it was a pleasant surprise to find how quickly this knitted up. It only took me two days to finish knitting the hat, and I'm not the quickest of knitters.

After this, I can't wait to try out more embroidery. Do you have any ideas for an embroidery project?

No comments:

Post a Comment