Wednesday 23 July 2014

Mid-Week Treat: Clinique Chubby Stick Dupe for £1!

Clinique Chubby Stick Dupe

Have you heard that you can get a free Clinique Chubby Stick with this month's edition of Glamour Magazine? Well, it appears that the whole World and his dog also knows, and I failed to find an edition that came with a Chubby Stick. Sadface. Actually, this did me a favour, as I was in need of a new mascara, and simply picked up an issue with the free mascara (which I cannot rate enough, by the way). Just me who finds mascara shopping boring? I still felt cheated out of a Clinique Chubby Stick however, but when I found these look-a-likes in Poundland, I thought I'd give them a try.

The Chit Chat Juicy Lipstick comes in a choice of three colours (Pink, Coral, and er, Red). Let's ignore the cringy brand name and the rather uninspiring shade names for now, because these are actually rather decent little lip tints. I bought the Pink shade whilst passing through Poundland on a whim, and I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. In the packet, it looks like a rather alarming shade of bubblegum pink, however when applied is a far more sheer, subtle shade. It can easily be layered to build up a stronger colour, which I really like. It's surprisingly flattering, and is a lot more fun and youthful than the blue-red I normally find myself reaching for. I also like how light-weight and moisturising it feels on my lips - perfect for the summer.

So, it's no surprise that I found myself stocking up on the other shades as well. Coral is the shade I think I'll be reaching for on a daily basis - such a subtle tint that is super flattering on pale skin. I'd describe it as being more 'peachy' than a true coral, but I love it nevertheless. I'd say the Red is more of a deep, berry pink, but it's a lovely shade anyway. If anything, I find this shade less moisturising than the other two, but it doesn't make so much of a difference that I won't be wearing it. It's a darker shade, which I think I will get more wear out of later on in the year (just me who's pining for cooler weather already?).

Red, Coral, and Pink

The packaging calls this Lipstick, and I'll just say that, for me, it's not that at all. Which is great, as I wasn't really looking for a lipstick, but if you are, you'd be better off looking elsewhere. This is a far sheerer coverage, and sits somewhere between a lip balm and a lipstick. I find it really easy to apply (sometimes even without a mirror!), and is a great size for just popping in your handbag.

Anything else? Well, it's unscented, which may be a negative for some people, but I actually prefer my lip products flavourless. I find anything with too strong a flavour quite sickly, especially if applied before/during/after eating (and God knows nothing gets in the way of me eating). They need more touching up throughout the day than a regular lipstick, but it's so easy to do, that I don't mind at all.

I have to say that this is one of the first 'random' brand products that I've bought from Poundland which I've actually liked loved. I may be trying out more in the future (even though I have had some right disaster products from there).

Any Poundland products you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment